However, during my annual leave, I do get to plan my own travel destinations. And over the years, I have developed my own DIY Vacation Guide.
WHERE TO GO
Consider the number of days you have available and think about where you want to go. If you have only 3 to 4 days, I suggest that you plan to go somewhere not more than 4 hours away. Since you do not have time on your side, why waste too much on the journey?
If you have 5 to 7 days, I would give the journey up to 7 hours. For an 8 to 10 day trip, 12 to 13 hours is fine. If you are planning to travel 24 hours, it would be nice to have at least 2 weeks to play around with.
Travelling can be tiring and you want to be sure you make it worth your while. Also, if you are travelling half way across the world, you probably need a couple of days to adjust to the different time zone.
WHEN TO GO
Consider the weather. Do you like hot summer days? Sweating in your armpits? Do you enjoy wearing skimpy clothes and soaking up the heat? Or do you prefer freezing your ass off, despite being bundled up in multiple layers of thick winter clothes? How about wearing boots and playing in the snow?
I tend to prefer something in the middle. 15 to 20 degrees celsius is comfortable. You can don on boots, hats, jackets and appear cool in your photos. But it will still not be too cold to go out. Also, I like to have room in my luggage for all the souvenirs and miscellaneous items I will be purchasing. Not possible if you have to pack mounds of winter clothes.
Check out the weather before you confirm your destination. Or decide when is the best time of the year for you to visit your choice destination before booking your leave.
Which countries would you like to visit?
No comments:
Post a Comment