This is my life as I see it. This is the path I have chosen.
Happiness is food for my soul and nothing is more important to me than
freedom...


Saturday, October 20, 2012

Preparing for the Interview

I had lost a fair bit of weight during my 10 day trip in the US. In preparation for the interview, I lost even more weight.

No one ever says that you have to be thin to get the job but somehow, it’s hard to shake off that stereotype of the slim, svelte stewardess. And when you are going for the interview, you really want the interviewers to be able to picture you looking good in the uniform.

I read up about the company and prepared what I wanted to say at the interview. I fully scripted and memorized my answers to all the typical interview questions. I even found several quotes which I was prepared to freely use whenever the opportunity presented itself.

“Your attitude determines your altitude.” Zig Ziglar (Learnt this from church)

“The value of a job is not in what you are paid, but in the person you become while doing it.” (Picked up this nugget from a poster at Botak Jones)

I psyched myself up for the interview and talked to myself everyday - on my way to work, when I was working out at the gym, when I was out running and during my breaks. At home, I also practised talking to my own reflection in the mirror.

Even thought I was almost 28, I did not know how to use proper make-up. That I felt, was one of my greatest weaknesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment